Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Helen Blocker-Adams learns it’s never too late to reinvent yourself

Name: Helen Blocker-Adams
Company/Title: The Adams Group Agency, LLC/Vice President
Years Served: 7.5
Contact info: theadamsgrouplife.com

One could call Helen Blocker-Adams a phoenix who has risen from the ashes of defeat. A crippling public fall from grace in 2014, after a financial scandal tanked her second run for Augusta mayor, catapulted her from what she thought was her calling – politics – to what is truly her calling: people.

“It’s never too late to reinvent yourself,” she said. “It is never too late to take a profound self-reflection and self-assessment and take a leap to do something you have never done or considered before.”

Helen Blocker-Adams has found a new calling in life. (Photo by Melissa Gordon)

For the now 62-year-old, that new area of expertise was the final expense industry. A natural communicator, Blocker-Adams combined three decades of experience in business, marketing, public relations, politics, and economic development and became a licensed insurance agent. As the Vice President of The Adams Group Agency, LLC, she specializes in making sure 50-85-year-old, moderate-income families across the United States have life insurance so their families will not be financially and emotionally burdened with having to pay for funeral services of their loved ones.

“I also hire, coach, train, and mentor hundreds of agent partners across the United States,” she added. “I am serving people in a variety of ways in the final expense industry. I have been blessed to build an agency of over 300 agent partners in 18 states, and it’s growing daily.”

Also growing is her belief in herself and that there is nothing she cannot accomplish as a woman in business. She feels women are natural nurturers who are dependable and hard-working, qualities that set them apart from others in the workplace, as well as in the world of entrepreneurship.

Her closing business tip: “It’s okay to have failures, difficulties, and setbacks because they truly prepare you for the next chapter of your life and allow you to become a beacon of hope for others.”

Helen Blocker-Adams is a Woman in Business.

13 Comments

• Stephen Turner
    Posted April 19, 2022 at 8:23 am

Congratulations Ms. Helen! You’re One of the Most Inspirational Women I know and it’s a Real Honor to be in Business with you! You’re Definitely a Shining Star ! I Appreciate You and All You Do to Contribute to each and everyone of Us!!!

• Myreon Miller
    Posted April 19, 2022 at 7:56 am

Helen is an awesome and amazing person! She’s an outstanding leader and one of the most inspirational people that I know. I am honored to be in business with Helen!!

• Helen Adams
      Posted May 10, 2022 at 9:55 am

Stephen, you are a phenomenal individual, yourself. Thanks for the love my friend.

• Dana Morgan
    Posted April 18, 2022 at 9:48 pm

Helen, you are amazing and an inspiration to so many! I am very honored to have you as my mentor and business partner!

• Jerrell Washington
    Posted April 18, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Helen Blocker Adams is A Giant among Champions. A Leader Who Epitomizes Grace and Elegance in the Tough Times as Well as the Good. I am Ecstatic to be A Producing Member of the Adams Group LLC
    PEACE ☮️and LOVE!!

• Penny Shorter
    Posted April 18, 2022 at 7:10 am

I am so proud and honored to be in business with Helen. She is a role model and an outstanding leader. I am excited to see her flourish even more.

• Helen Adams
      Posted April 18, 2022 at 9:11 am

Penny, you are a joy to work with and I treasure our friendship and partnership.

• LaSonja Anderson
    Posted April 17, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Helen you have always been amazing!! You definitely drilled in my head Hope is Possible and just look at you now!!!! You are an Phenomenal Woman and I loveeeeeee you

• Helen Adams
      Posted April 18, 2022 at 9:12 am

LaSonja, you know I love you too. And you are definitely my Shero with everything you’ve been through in your life. 🙂

• Atavia Mitchell
    Posted April 17, 2022 at 6:33 am

One of the most loving and inspirational people I know! A true pioneer and leader!

• Helen Adams
      Posted April 18, 2022 at 9:13 am

Atavia, you mean more to me than you will ever know. Love you sweetie!

• Helen Adams
    Posted April 15, 2022 at 11:16 pm

Tina, your never ending support for me makes me want to cry. Thank you my friend.

• Tina Slendak
    Posted April 13, 2022 at 9:37 am

So happy Helen found her calling. She would have made a wonderful Mayor though!